Saturday 18 April 2009

Taken

Just watched Grand Theft Auto: The movie, or as the title on the poster says, Taken. which is a pretty awesome movie, filled with elements that made GTA such an awesome game, violence, babes, cars and adrenaline. Not in the bad way of course.*

Am currently in camp after a bout of confusion which suprisingly did not leave me as unhappy as i expected myself to be. Perhaps its the fact that i would have spent my night in front of the computer in a different place anyway, doing not too different things, reading not too different websites.

Anyway. To build on the memory thing a few posts ago..

Where did i grow up? you ask.

Well. It was just off Christchurch, beneath the stars and amongst the sheep and grass. And i used to run thousand of miles across unobstructed plains, chasing sheep and smelling flowers. It was great. But wait. No. It was not christchurch. It was in the hustle and bustle of New York, right amongst the jungle of buildings, amongst man walking so fast that they appear in a blur of grey and white and black and brown. Yes. That must be it. Hang on. It was the bushes of Zimbabwe, amongst the herds of the day and the beasts of the night. Among the trample of zebras, wildebeeast, elephants and giraffes, there with the roar of the lions and the laugh of the hyenas, the gaze of the vultures and the hiss of the snakes. There as the new member of my proud tribe. That must be it. Dang. No. I was a born a girl in greece, near the pantheon of old gods, christened in the churches of new. No. A proud only son of a chinese farmer. No. The unwanted child of a street walker. No. An average kid in an average neighbourhood in London. No...

What's my name?

Well. It writes Paul on my I.D., but i'm sure i was once John, once Theia, once Quinton, twice Alexander, and trice in languages i do not know now. But what does it matter. I'm 01-EN-03944, That's my time zone, my vocation and my personal number. Its unique. So why do i need something like a name. After all, there must be a thousand Pauls, and even more Johns in my timezone. The number is better. Oh-Three-Nine-Double-Four.

-Paul, 01-EN-03944.

No comments: