Tuesday 21 July 2009

Issues with Ideals

I always thought money wasn't an issue. Not to me at least. Give me a fiver, and i'll live with it for a day. Not any more. It seem that reality, have slowly but surely caught up on me, the dreamer. Forcing practicallity and pragmatism on to me. So what if i could get into Cambridge, or Oxford, or John Hopkins, costs issues would prevent me from going there. Even Monash now, with an estimated costs of a staggering $432,000, seem hard on me and my family.

Its kinda ironic. Studying medicine is killing me and my family before i even start.

I've tried to live as idealistically as i could. Ignoring pragmatism and practicallity as they knock on my door with a battering ram.'If enough of us dream, if a bare thousand of us dream, we can change the world. We can dream it anew!'. This quote still lies on the top right corner on my blog, outlining its importance to my life. Yet now even i doubt its correctness. How could we dream, when corporate giants raise prices again and again. Want to draw? Brushes costs are increasing, so is the prices of the canvas, and the prices of the paint. And that is still discounting the fees teachers now demand. Want to make music? Look at the costs of guitars, and the costs of lessons, and the number of people who fall by the wayside in their chasing of superstardom. Want to save the planet? Please mail in your advertisement fees to those media conglomerates. Along with the cheque for your new recycling plant. And we're sorry we have to charge you slightly higher, Tokyo protocol have costs us more than you think it had. Writing a book? I'll offer you a tenner for that book, and and its publishing rights. Thinking of studying medicine? make sure you have half a million in that bank account of yours. And that's not counting micellaneous fees.

I can try to deny all i want. Money is and will forever be important. Ask the boy in Africa to dream, he'll tell you he just want food, and a little money for food for his sister. And the list goes on...

I hate money. But i need cash.

Hell with capitalism.. haha. joking. i don't want to live in North Korea. haha.

No comments: