Friday 12 February 2010

Enough.

And enough.

After posts of emo and despair, of faraway lands and exiles. Its finally time to focus on the good side of stuff. Tomorrow, i will step on what will be the adventure of a lifetime. Though i am not heading for the land down under yet, daybreak tomorrow will see me pay one last visit to my ancestral home. Where certainly, i will get one last blessing from the elders before heading for my destiny. And thus tomorrow will be the day. the day the adventure starts. Armed with a jacket bought by my friends on my first venture outwards, and a blanket woven by the cloth of a thousand families. I am ready.

Ready to face dragons, or monsters, wherever they may be. Whatever their breath may consist of, whenever they may come. Ready too, to face loneliness, in the knowledge that i shall always have friends back home. That my family shall always be ready to welcome me back with open arms. Ready, to take my chance at glory. This broadway through the garden of destiny. This tunnel, with the end still out of sight.

I am ready.

Am I?

Yes. I am.

And come monday night. perhaps those that have rode with me for the past 8 years and counting, shall meet me again. And there we shall not bid ourselves goodbye, but we'll toast the past and drink for the future*. For this is not the end of our journey, for though our paths may part here, one day, the path shall meet again, and the time that the paths meet, it isn't out of sight is it? For when the tree turn its branches, and the wind blows north-easternly again. I shall return. And then we shall sit down once more and tell of tales of the year past. And ride together again, we shall.

Prepare the horses.

Till next time.

No comments: