Monday 26 April 2010

I wanted to write a continuation to a story i once wrote. But someone changed my mood so i'm no longer able to continue writing that story now. But yes. I've more to say.

Something about how parents do not belong in facebook. Nor anyone who isn't actually a friend for that matter. Sure i know you guys care and want to be our friends, but truth is, you are already more than that (parents are, at least). You guys are people who we are already truthful to, and facebook, to a certain extent at least, is part of our social image we have to uphold, so we can't be your little boy or girl at home on there, or on our blogs, or whatever. Its the reason some of you are on limited profile (Yes, you are) and some of your comments are deleted. And one of the reasons i am not forthright in my writing, or why you are sometimes blocked on my msn. Yes, I'm sorry. But me outside, is just not the same as me at home. I know you will ask me, why so? why must you be not yourself outside. But i'm not, I'm both me at home and me outside. Its something we all are, We are not 2 dimensional, we have more facets than a diamond could ever have, and more sides than any polygon, and its this facets, and this angles that makes us reflect the brightest amongst all. This is us. I am more than that. Since young i have always craved freedom and privacy, perhaps as much as everyone else, perhaps more. But i know privacy comes with a price. The price of distance and the price of our relationships. Which is why i do not push for total freedom and privacy, for i will call that isolation. But yes, give me my cyber privacy, and my internet freedom. For you guys do not belong online, you guys are in my heart.

No comments: