Friday 28 August 2009

of three times of stars

There's something to be said about revisiting the past. Be it visiting your archives or the archives of others. Or looking up into the skies again, at day and at night.

Just read my archives for a significant portion of last year as this year draws to a close as i look for an explaination for the events that happened this year. And i can't say that i have found anything of significance. But reading old stuff i write do make me chuckle to myself and yeah. see how different things are and be happy that they are.

I have posted about stars twice. for two seperate times where i sleep on the grasses of new zealand at night, staring up at the infinite cosmos, admiring their beauty in numbers. I remember the first time i saw the stars, I was overwhelmed by its magnificence, of its scale, and i thought about my place in that vast universe. And i didn't thought much. For i was young and at that time, missing my home. And then years past before i saw those stars a second time, for Singapore has created for itself a galaxy of lights, that are pretty to look at, yet unnatural and lacking the random positionings of the stars, and the lights obscured the faint glow of the heavens. But yeah, i was back in NZ, this time in green, with perhaps people whom , like me, are too concerned with the passing of days and life on earths to look up into the skies. But i did, and in the stars i saw our destinies, and how our destinies must be plotted out by the heavens. I tried to map out orion and sagittarius, to identify aries and scorpio, to no avail and i thought to myself. There must be someone who can read this. and we should.

And then i went to thailand. The darkness of the night sky there means i was able to once again. look up into the stars. And then realisation hit me. I took a step back and raised my head once more and saw that of course our lives are plotted in the heavens, but who are we to read them? and should we? do we need to? And i understood our place. For if someone, somehow have managed to place us right in the middle so we could look up and observe the beauty of the night sky. Surely we are of note. And surely, we have meaning.

I finally realised why i hadn't been able to come out with a post for so long. I've been looking to close to earth for inspiration.

When all i need to is to raise my head.

and that be the answer in the wind

No comments: