Wednesday 5 October 2011

Of farewells

I am not good at farewells. Not good at saying goodbyes. I've tried everything, from the old 'going-out-with-a-bang' to the 'slip-out-the-back-before-they-know-you-were-there'. The short and sweet fare thee wells, and the long dragged out slow dcresendo of friendships. Live long and Prospers and May the force be with you. Yet today, it seems that i am faced with another impending farewell yet again. I'm sorry, perhaps the farewell itself isn't the worse, its the period leading up to it.

Just recieved news of my posting next year to the Alfred, though that means that i've got my first choice and am able to stay with a couple of my best friends, it also means that i have to say goodbye to many of my other friends who sadly will be posted elsewhere. In the lecture an hour ago, while many were still estatic or heartbroken by their placements, i had suddenly the knowledge, that that could have well been one of our last lectures together. It's these moments where you suddenly look back at the two years that has almost past and look at the people who you've interacted with, and know that that's perhaps the last time you'd really interact with them, to really sit down in the same tutorial or even the same lecture hall to discuss stuff.

Its these moments where you suddenly think, where will everyone be next year. How would everyone be doing. And of course, where would she be.

Que Sera Sera my friend.

No comments: