Wednesday 19 December 2007

Home. Sweet. Home

Actually i wrote alot before coming back in one of my notebooks. plenty. lines after lines of my life at tekong. but i shall not write it down here. cos today as i return from the island.. new thoughts flooded into me.

All was fine till the RO tonight. before that, my thoughts were all on food and entertainment as i return. Joy laughter and Freedom for 24 hours. but today. after i came off the ferry i started to see what i am truly missing and the true meaning of home sweet home. Honestly now i can say, there is nothing better than home. not in the macro sense about country and even neighbourhood. but your one and only home. the house whose door will always be open to you. No book out time. no nothing. one which you will willingly volunteer guard duty for and if needed lay down your life for anytime. As i past down the road on the bus just now in my no.4. I was so emo-ed by the sight of Loyang Ave and Pasir Ris drive 1 that i almost cried. all the landmarks that i past so many times without more than a second glance, all the trees, grass and HDB flats that i just ignored everytime i walked past. The fields i ran carefree as i chased the soccer ball. The lift that never came when i wanted to use the toilet. Even the roads that i may not have walked but once or twice. Never really thought about home this much till i reach here.

And then as i entered my house. how i welcomed the sound of the 24 hours ringing buddhist chant of the altar. and the soft touch of the carpet and the yellow lights of home dimmed to a homely ambience impossible to reproduce elsewhere. the 10 yr old sofa i always complained about suddenly seemed so welcoming. And my room, not even close to the neatness of the bunk but ever so comfortable. the chair, all its wooden skeleton all but broken but now so inviting. The computer, so cold and quiet, now exuberant with my old life showing me that i still exists in it and one day if i need to, i just have to download it back into myself.

enough of typing.. have to go enjoy my home till tomorrow comes.

Last time i didn't understand what ppl meant when they say home is where the heart is or a thousand other metaphors.. but now i do.

Good night guys. and for those who could always be at home. cherish it.

till nxt time

No comments: