Saturday 20 June 2009

fear of flying

In camp doing duty right now. And in my boredom set up a twitter account to er.. tell the world what i am doing.

Just ran for the first time in about half a year last thursday and my whole body is still suffering from the after effects of trying to be fit. Com'on. Anything that makes your body hurt this way after doing it, couldn't be anything good at all.

Anyway. The euphoria of getting into medicine have sort of died down and I am now faced with the more serious consequences and choices of going overseas and studying medicine. For one, i never expected myself to be leaving home so soon. Thinking about it, this may be my very last year staying with my parents. For after 5/6 years of university education, I can't see how I can move back into my room and pretend i'm still a child. And what happens yet to my friends? After so many false alarms, this may perhaps be the time of which the party finally ends. And there's still yet so much to do. Our Project 'Island in the sun' is yet completed. and yeah. Feb is a bit too early.

We always dream of flying, yet we always fear heights. The loneliness of altitude. The distance to earth. The vastness of the sky and the directionless winds. But we still fly. SHAZAM.

Don't ask me what the SHAZAM is for. I just thought it looked good there.

Till next time.

No comments: