Monday 23 August 2010

Circumstance

Creatures of circumstance.

Somehow this term has been stuck in my head for a couple of days now. I am sure i heard of something like that somewhere before, maybe not the exact words, but perhaps conveying the same meaning.

Do not be mistaken, circumstance have not been terribly cruel to me, nor have i been exceptionally unfortunate. In fact, i am enjoying a period of relative luck compared to the lousy fortune i have been having a couple of weeks back. For starters, i have not been misplacing my money, which is more than just that actually.

But perhaps its the full moon once again, that set me thinking about perhaps how true that is. Nature versus nurture for some. Are we really who we are because of who we are, or are we who we are because its who we are supposed to be. To fit as a gear tooth in this clockwork of life, or a thread in this magnificent tapespry. Or do we weave our own stories as randomly and beautifully as the flight of a butterfly.

Life's tough, ain't it. For some reason, it really has. Have been telling myself to set things straight and focus on my aims. But its easier said than done man, especially when once again, the aim isn't mine, but what circumstance has for me. I would if not perhaps for circumstance, like to just chill out and relax. To look to the moon and marvel at its wonders, to enjoy the cold breeze and letting it tell me the answers of the wind. To perhaps be hippie and shit and just chill out everyday. Or perhaps just sip my beer and chill out. Enjoy the little things. Rule #32 if i am not wrong in zombieland.

And i guess that's for that.

And its back to the mime i guess. The invisible windows and walls. Trying to find an invisible knob on an invisible door, and trying to walk through that door. "There is it, fool", someone in the crowd exclaims. Of course i know there it is, but is it? Could i not grab it if it was? I am a mime, not a fool, seeing things in perhaps ways only we could.

I don't make sense.

No comments: