Monday 10 November 2008

Eulogy to my PSP

Ladies and Gentlemen, visitors to this blog. Today we gather here to remember someone who was given life by us and gave, in its turn, its life to us.

Let me begin by saying thank you. For all the memories and experience we had. Morpheus have been the proverbial sword of a knight, and I could not thank him enough. There are friends who would live the high live with you and those who will suffer with you in silence. Morpheus was both. I could recall those early days where i hid him amongst my notes, letting him live the life of a faceless slave, not having the dignity he so deserved. But how he still worked. He outraced, outfought and outscored every opponent on wireless, I could still hear the sneers the first time he took his place on the arena. "You can't win with a second hand set" the critics shouted. But what they didn't know was that there was a connection. Something deep inside that connected my fingers to his buttons, something that gave us the extra edge. And defying all odds, we fought, and we finished the races on the podium. And through the months and days Morpheus never once left me, he was there before the capturing of stars and he was there after I was burnt by the very star. And he was there silently comforting, as he gave companionship to my newly lonely hands.

But as time went past, like all things does, Morpheus aged. The luscious shine was no longer as scratches wrinkled his face. And his buttons became loose. But he never stopped working when i played as we slayed a million jedis and droids, and as we travelled across mountains and seas in RPGs.

And soon today came. For quite a moment i did not know what to do, nor how to cope. But yeah, morpheus will never had wanted that. So, let me say Thank you once more, and we'll move on from here.

Thank you. Morpheus.

[update] and as a follow up, Morpheus' sucessor have been lined up and will soon be in my hands. haha.

No comments: